March 16, 2017|Child & Adolescent
We are thrilled to announce expanded Child & Adolescent (ages 8 & up) services in our Newton Corner location.
Our Child & Adolescent team specializes in treating children, teens, and their families and includes three clinical psychologists & a board certified psychiatrist. Services include individual therapy and medication consultation & management. Our team treats a wide range of concerns and treatment is tailored to your child’s needs.
Counseling & therapy
- Specific phobias
- Behavioral difficulties
- Communication & assertiveness training
- Social skills training
- Stress management
- Gender identity/curiosity
- Behavioral medicine/physical health
- Families navigating through divorce
- Major life changes such as a move, birth of a sibling, or transition to college
- If your child’s symptoms are in the moderate to severe range, a psychiatric evaluation may be recommended. This is an in-depth, focused examination that examines the role biological, psychological, and social factors may play in emotional and behavioral concerns. Our board certified psychiatrist is specialized in treating children and adolescents. She works with children and families to understand presenting issues, formulate diagnostic impressions, make treatment recommendations, and to provide related services such as medication management, therapy, and working collaboratively with other providers.
To learn more about our Child & Adolescent Services clinical team, click here.
To request an appointment for your child or to learn more, please call us at (617) 259-1895 or fill out our brief, online intake form here.
January 7, 2019|Child & Adolescent
By Riikka Melartin, Psy.D. Someone asked me recently why her seven year old child is such an “ingrate,” given that…
October 17, 2018|Child & Adolescent
We are excited to announce that our Newton-Watertown office now provides expanded Child & Adolescent services, including child psychiatry and…
October 12, 2018|Child & Adolescent
By Riikka Melartin, Psy.D. You know your own child best, and school staff knows students as a whole the best….